Thursday, December 3, 2009
When it comes to snacks, I'll take salty snacks over sweet/sugary ones any day. This means chips over chocolate bars, almost 99% of the time. I rarely ever get a craving for a chocolate bar, and if I do it is a very select few. Oh! Henry, Coffee Crisp, Almond Snickers and Skor. With the Skor bar I will almost always eat all of the chocolate off of it first and then just eat the yummy inside crunchy part on it's own.
In terms of chips my absolute favourite are these awesome Frito Lays ringaloo type things called Hoops. East of Ontario I have only been able to get these in two locations. One in Halifax, at my old job in the vending machine. The other, in PEI at my job, in the vending machine. But there, only once I have I witnessed them being in there. I bought 4 bags. Then they vanished. In Thunder Bay was the first place I have saw these delicious things in a large bag, there and westward. In halifax I went on a quest to find a large bag of these. The same company make something similar, like if the hoops were stretched out flat. BUT, the bag is a slightly different shade of colour and the taste is very different. Amazingly salty. Too salty even for me, more on that later.
Other chips and salty snacks I like are Roast Chicken, Sour Cream & Onion, Salt and vinegar and zesty doritos. I used to only eat nacho doritos, but then they changes the reciepe and I can't stand them now. In addition to these. Popcorn and corn twists. Crunchits are purchased rarely, as I will never finish a full bag.
Bits and Bites will be purchased and then organized into each individual type, where I will eat the shreddies and pretzels and give away or disregard the remaining items.
I am pretty simple when it comes to breakfast. I don't stray very often.
Eggs. Fried, scrambled, poached and boiled. All well done please. Hard yokes. I don't care if it is bad for me. No dunking of toast in egg goo for me and no ketchup on my eggs please.
Toast. White bread always. I will eat wholewheat if I get it. Multigrain and the likes tastes like dirt to me.
Meat. No sausages. Ever. Bacon, Ham and Balogna all well done please.
Hash browns or wedges. It doesn't really matter, i'll eat them but I need ketchup.
Water or apple juice for a drink. No coffee. Ever. I don't drink coffee or tea. I used to get a soda with breakfast, but since cutting down on soda's I haven't gone out for breakfast.
Salt and pepper.
No omlets or anything involving cheese.
I stay away form most condiments except for ketchup. I only eat mustard on MacDonalds burgers. Speaking of them, I only eat onions on MacDonald's burgers, mom's hamburgers and stuffing.
No Mayonaise on anything. ever. I will rarely send food back. the one time I will every time if there is mayonaise involved.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Brushing my teeth and going to see Mardeen.
02. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
Braces. I had all 4 wisdom teeth out but drugs made that painless.
03. What’s the next vacation you're going on?
I am going to Fredericton for two nights this weekend, after that nothing til the end of January.
04. Next time you will hug someone?
Within the hour. Jason Burns i'd imagine.
05. What never fails to make you cry?
I don't cry.
06. Who would you allow to read your thoughts for one day, if you absolutely HAD to choose someone?
07. Last time you saw fireworks?
08. Last person you talked to on MSN?
09. Will you be single over the winter?
All signs point to yes.
10. Have you ever had your heart broken?
Sure, why not.
11. Where was the last place you fell asleep other than your own bed?
Couch or a van probably.
12. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
13. In three words, explain what ended your last relationship?
Bitches be crazy.
14. Do you have any famous ancestors?
15. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines?
Yes. Work stuff.
16. How tall are you?
Around 5’11”/6" maybe?
17. How tall would you prefer the person you're dating be?
Shorter than I.
18. If you had to choose your death, what would it be?
Hit by a semi truck driven by the incredible Hulk
19. Who do you text the most?
Recently, no one. Mallory, Aaron, Trev, Kristen. Oh and Pinky.
20. Do you wish you had smaller feet?
21. What did you do for New Years Eve?
Got really drunk @ Pinky/Trish/Rupert's and caused 1 and took part in 2 wine spillages.
22. How old was your mom when she gave birth to you?
23. Do you know how to play poker?
24. What's on your bedroom floor right now?
Delay pedal. Cat. Cables. Amp.
25. What were the last three movies you saw?
Doom, Double Dragon, 500 days of summer.
26. When I say, "break the ice," what do you think of?
27. What are you looking forward to?
This weekend, tonight, December.
28. Would you ever kiss anyone 23 and over?
29. Are you a big fan of snowstorms or thunderstorms?
As long as I’m inside, yep!
30. Who was the last baby you held?
My nephew, about 10 years ago.
31. What is your favourite holiday?
32. How many kids do you want?
who said what?
33. Do you tend to waste a lot of your money?
what do you mean....waste?
34. Why are you single?
your guess is as good as mine, maybe cause i live with my folks?
35. Where did you kiss the last person you kissed?
in a car.
36. Do you like to cuddle/snuggle?
i'm fat and hairy, what do you think?
37. Would you rather be in a relationship or play the field?
Be in a relationship.
38. Where were you when you heard Michael Jackson died?
The water park in the west edmonton mall.
39. Have you ever been called a tease?
40. Have you ever gotten in a car with people you just met?
41. Who are your last six texts from?
i'm not near my phone. But probably facebook and kristen.
41. What was your last thought before you went to bed last night?
Deadwood is crazy and i'm tired.
42. How late did you stay up last night and why?
2:30ish. Julie Doiron + Shotgun Jimmie.
43. Do you look older than you actually are?
44. What's the best decision you've made this week?
To go out on a Tuesday.
45. What does your last text say?
Not near my phone.
46. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?
57. Listening to music at the moment?
Minus the Bear.
58. Who was the last person you linked arms with?
59. Is the song you're currently listening to being sung by a male or female?
60. Has anyone ever drunk called/texted you?
61. Who was the last person to smoke a cigarette in your presence?
62. Who is your last Facebook message from?
63. Name some body parts you’re able to crack.
64. Who was the last person you emailed?
65. Have you ever kissed someone with a lip or tongue ring?
66. Where is your biological mother right now?
Friday, November 20, 2009
Paul Murphy began working on the self-titled album a few years ago in Yarmouth, N.S. at his parents' house with his brother.
"We had a little too much time on our hands," Murphy says. "Some scotch, too. We wanted to make a present for mom. She'd had a rough year. With a little preparation (a laptop, no microphones, click tracks, or even tunes come to think of it), we recorded about 12 ideas and we went our separate ways."
The brothers reconvened eight months later in Halifax to rehash the songs and record some new ones. This time, they used microphones and click tracks, and consumed less scotch, too.
"Some of the songs turned out to be fuller and more mature after a second take, better than expected," Murphy says. "Other songs maybe didn't quite hit the mark. But the recording as a whole, the half-finished early conception somewhat fragmented material, seems to do something quite nice."
You can hear "Tobias Grey" here.
Here are the songs on Postdata:
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Some interesting facts from my life as of late.
1. I now do 150 sit ups a day at the gym, with the ab roller thingie. Not super full sit ups that will break my back, but hey, it's a start. I'm fat. That is in addition to the other crap I do at the gym.
2. Weird things I have seen at the gym so far. Naked old lady who got confused and took a shower in the men's locker room. Old naked dude, shaving in the nude, stops mid shave, walks over and takes a piss, flushes mid piss and continues to piss after the flush, finishes shave and then walks to shower. weird.
3. The only regular soda I have drank in the last few weeks is with booze. I am all diet soda. Not sure if I prefer diet pepsi more than diet coke, but they only have diet pepsi at work. Lame.
4. Sleepless Nights are playing in Fredericton with Kestrels on the 28th. I am excited for this. I am going over the night before to see Share, Slate Pacific and Quiet parade. This will be fun, as I used to be in QP. Plus it's Fredericton! I had to miss the last Sleepless Nights show which broke my stone heart. Music Nova Scotia week....in Yarmouth. Which is the band's home town. Mega Sad. I got mega drunk in my room and surfed the internet a lot that night. But I am glad to be able to make the Fredericton show, which is the bands other home town.
5. There has been a lot of good shows in C'Town lately and more coming up. I've got to see Syracuse Me, Living with Lions, Immaculate Machine, Smothered in Hugs, Death Avengers, Death Valley Driver, Fugato, Uigg, Sister Jack and Raccoon Bandit. Coming up, More Death Avengers, Wax Mannequin, Brian Borcherdt, Julie Fader. Milk & Rectangles and more Raccoon bandit + Sister Jack.
6. I am looking at getting a new synth/sequencer/sampler for christmas. I am looking at either http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/producer/maschine/ or http://www.akaipro.com/miniak
7. Trying to record some riffs the other night I accidently fried my input and headphone jack on my macbook. There is a bypass switch on my compressor and when i turned it on, that wasn't on and my amp just sent a mega hot signal to the jack. I am looking at getting a lil usb sound card. Behringer makes one that has both input and output and they are both 1/4" jacks.
8. I am also fairly obsessed with looking up very large file sized pictures of old exploration and science stuff. I was looking for Boards of Canada images and found this image that they have used a lot and I am obsessed with it.
here is a HUGE version.
and here is a bunch of info about it. Wikipedia Article
"The whole descent took 13 minutes and 45 seconds and set the current world record for the highest parachute jump. During the descent, Kittinger experienced temperatures as low as −94 °F (−70 °C). In the free-fall stage, he reached a top speed of 988 km/h (614 mph)."
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Grady + The Respectables, Nov 11th @ Hunter's
Pat D and the Orb Weavers + The Meds Nov 14th @ Hunter's
Matt Mays + The Meds, Nov 18th @ Hunter's
Brian Borcherdt + Julie Fader, Nov 20th @ Hunter's
And that is just a start...
Most serene republic, Milks and Rectangles, Racoon Bandit and Sister Jack, Mardeen, Windom Earle.....so much to do.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the answer to the question of "who would win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?"
Here is a quick 5 question interview with Mikey Heppner from Priestess
1. So you are in a band, how is that going for you?
Pretty fun, we love playing music all the time.
2. What is the longest you've ever gone wearing the same pair of pants?
A year at least.
3. In your dreams, how many strings are on your/your bass players bass?
4a. If you are from the east coast, do you ever see yourself moving further inland?
I'm from Montreal, I think I'll stay here.
4b. If you aren't from the east coast, what is your favourite part about coming out to visit us?
I love real fish&chips.
5. If you were a fighter pilot, what would your call sign be?
TheMegaPhone.ca and Hunter's Ale House Present:
With Guests: Trigger Effect
Wednesday November 4th @ Hunter's Ale House - 19+
$10 Adv / Doors @ 10PM
Tickets Go On Sale Friday September 18th @ 10am
In Person: Back Alley Music
Priestess - http://www.priestessband.com
Trigger Effect - http://www.myspace.com/heliocraft
New Priestess CD, "Prior to the Fire", out October 20th