Thursday, October 22, 2009

Soda Pop Odyssey

So for more times than I care to remember, I have tried to give up or at least cut down on the amount of soda's I drink in the run of day/week/month.

So I thought maybe if I write about it, I might have more of a reason to not fall off the wagon(or on the wagon? Seinfeld anyone?).

So far today I have had two glasses of water and a bottle of chocolate milk.
Now, I have a problem. I have a half a bottle of Coke sitting next to me at work, left over from last night. Tempting!

I thought that since Root Beer doesn't have as much caffeine, at least advertised as having less that it would be better, but thanks to a tip from Andrew Sisk, I did some checking.

According to http://www.cocacola.ca
250ml of coke vs Barq's root beer.
The coke has 26mg of caffeine and 30g of sugar, the Barq's has 15mg of caffeine but a whopping 31mg of sugar!!
YOWZA.

Pepsi has even more sugar!
355ml of Pepsi has 41g of sugar and 38mg of caffeine.

Mug's root beer does have zero caffeine, but still has over 20g's of sugar.

Stupid sugar.

While writing this I have polished off that bottle of Coke, it was more like a 1/4 of a bottle, not a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment